With one of the largest exploration licences in Mongolia, ION Energy is poised to become a significant player in Asia’s booming Lithium market.
About this project
- 80,000+hectares, highly prospective for Lithium brine.
- Average grade 426ppm Lithium. Max grade 811ppm Lithium.
- Low Potassium and Magnesium ratios.
- High evaporation and low precipitation endorheic basin, no outflow to external bodies of water.
- All holes drilled contain significant levels of Lithium
- Low potassium and magnesium ratios: favourable for large crystal formation at licence altitude and temperature.
- Aquifers about 20m below surface: Cretaceous volcanic and sedimentary rocks are the most suitable aquifer for the enrichment of lithium (light green areas).
- Brine vs hard rock sources = lower production costs.
- Gobi Desert: arid environment with high evaporation rates
From the site